Empowering children, teens, and parents.
I want all children to feel safe to express themselves in a fun and playful therapeutic environment. It is my goal to help empower your child to feel more competent and increase their self-esteem. Children need a safe place to process their pain using age-appropriate therapies. I believe that play is a child’s language and it is my job to help understand and interpret that language so you can understand your child better. In addition, I work directly with parents on ways they can connect more with their child using attachment-based interventions (Filial Therapy) , I can teach you ways to improve the bond with your child. This has been proven to reduce problematic and unwanted behaviors at school, friends, and family members. Working together, I will teach you some ways to help your little one improve their coping and emotional regulation skills, and develop positive relationships. As a former teacher, I know the importance of working together with the schools. It is important to make regular phone calls with teachers and support staff at your son or daughter’s school; this is a team effort.
I help children who struggle with:
- Tantrums and Anger Outbursts
- Physical and/or Verbal Aggression
- Sexual Abuse
- Blended Family Issues
- Family or Peer Conflicts
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Ongoing parent consultations during the course of your child’s treatment are required so you can stay informed and involved
- Strengthening the parent/child relationship using Filial Therapy
- Increasing positive family communication and teaching ways to manage family/sibling conflict
- Informing you with ways to support your child at home based on what he or she is working on in counseling
- Providing you with parenting skills that reduce power struggles and gain compliance from your child