What is Anxiety?
When it comes to treating anxiety, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. That’s because anxiety therapy, as opposed to anxiety medication, treats more than just symptoms to the problem.
Symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder.
Therapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, learn how to relax, look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
What is Depression?
Depression can feel overwhelming and dark. I will work with you to better understand what is making you depressed. You deserve to feel better. I can help you explore the source of your depression, find ways to feel some relief from your pain.
Symptoms of Depression:
- Diminished interest or loss of pleasure in almost all activities
- Significant weight loss or gain
- Sleep disturbance
- Fatigue/ loss of energy
- Feelings of worthlessness
- Recurrent thoughts of death
- Difficulty Concentrating
How you get better:
Through a combination of evidence-based psychotherapy approaches we can work together to help reduce these feelings/which include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness-Based Therapy
- Insight-Focused Therapy